Saturday, February 7, 2015

No-Bake Cacao Seed Bars

Cheers to the weekend!  I developed these bars during a post-run mid afternoon slump when I was craving something sweet.  I'm on Day 6 of my Day 7 Eating Clean Challenge, and instead of abandoning my thus-achieved efforts, I wanted to reward myself while still staying on track.

Even better?  Enjoying one of these tasty morsels after Insanity's Insane Abs.  Oh Shaun T.  I love you and hate you.  But one of these for a light dessert is just what my body wants.


No-Bake Cacao Seed Bars
yields 9 bars

For an easy, decadent weekend treat without breaking your eat-clean commitment, reach for a saucepan, a spoon and an 8" pan.  There, you have all the items you need!  Through in the clean ingredients below (maple syrup is totally optional) and you have a nutritious, easy bar that you can stash in the fridge or freezer to enjoy as desired.  






Ingredients

1/2 cup sunflower seed butter (or any nut butter)
2 TBSP pure maple syrup (unless your nut butter has any added sugar)
2 TBSP coconut oil
1 cup gluten-free oats
1/2 cup unsweetened coconut
1/4 cup sunflower seeds
2 TBSP raw cacao powder
2 TBSP raw cacao nibs
1/2 teaspoon vanilla


1.  Melt sunflower seed (or nut) butter and maple syrup (optional) and coconut oil over medium-high heat, stirring.




2.  Remove from heat and stir in all other ingredients.


3.  Press into a wax or parchment paper-lined 8" pan and chill.  Cut into 9 bars and enjoy!

Nutritional breakdown below!






Nutritional Analysis:

Calories: 232
Fat: 17g
Potassium: 66mg
Carbs: 16g
Sugar: 3g
Protein: 6g



No comments:

Post a Comment