This is a light, clean crustless pumpkin pie that you can have seconds, or even thirds of and not feel too guilty. Bonus points if you cook down the pumpkin yourself. (Note: my fresh pureed pumpkin is really light, so if you use canned pumpkin, you may find a darker hue).
Crustless Pumpkin Pie
2 cups pureed or canned pumpkin
1 cup unsweetened vanilla coconut milk (or nondairy milk of choice)
1 tablespoon chia seeds
1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
3/4 cup coconut flour*
2 teaspoons baking powder
dash sea salt
1 teaspoons cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon allspice
1/4 teaspoon ginger
1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
1/8 teaspoon cloves
1/4 cup coconut palm sugar or sucanat
2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
1. Grease a pie pan with coconut oil; set aside.
2. Mix wet ingredients together; add chia seeds, mix well and set aside to thicken.
3. Combine *coconut flour or any gluten-free flour, baking powder, salt, spices and sweetener of choice, adding dry ingredients to wet and mixing well.
4. Pour mixture into pie pan and bake at 350 degrees for 35 to 45 minutes.
5. Let cool covered in fridge for 7 hours or overnight to set fully.
Slice and serve! Thanksgiving tip: whip up nondairy whipping cream (some health food stores have expensive but yummy rice whipping cream), and serve with a generous dollop of the cream and sprinkle additional cinnamon or cinnamon and sugar on top.
Then, let cool down and chill overnight in the fridge!