Thursday, April 17, 2014

Chilled Avocado Coconut Soup

  


I'm on a roll with this So Delicious contest!  The Spring Fling Recipe Contest has inspired me to go outside my comfort zone of their coconut milks.  Today for my third entry, I ventured into the culinary coconut milk realm, with fantastic results.  I wanted to make a healthy and light lunch for today, and most importantly, wanted something quick.  And an excuse to try another So Delicious product, obvi.  I was also able to add in one of my favorite snacks: So Delicious Plain Coconut Yogurt. 

So alas, this is not a fantastic healthy dessert recipe, but it IS a healthy recipe nonetheless, and one that serves as a great snack or light refreshing meal.  Welcome to my first chilled soup recipe!  Whether spring has sprung with a sunny 75 degree day or a cool 50 degrees and raining (why hello, Eugene), this is a great way to stay fit and fueled.




Chilled Coconut Avocado Soup
Serves 4

Ingredients:
 
2 large ripe avocados
11 oz. (1 carton) So Delicious Lite Culinary Coconut Milk
1 cup So Delicious Plain Coconut Yogurt
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 hot green chilies
¾ teaspoon cumin
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
½ teaspoon sea salt
3/4 cup water 

Directions:
1.  Peel and pit the avocados. Save one avocado, reserving thin slices for garnish, and wrap in plastic. Put the remaining avocado along with the coconut milk, coconut yogurt, garlic, chilies, cumin, lemon juice, salt and 1/2 cup of water into the container of a food processor or blender and process until it is thoroughly blended. Add another 1/4 cup of water and blend.

2.  Transfer the soup to a large bowl, and chill before serving.

3.
Serve in soup bowls garnished with slices of avocado and some freshly chopped cilantro, if desired. 






2 comments: