I love using cauliflower because it's so versatile. Raw, pureed, roasted; there's a long to be said for what at first glance seems to be a pretty bland veggie.
I did a revamp of my raw cauliflower couscous from a couple years back, and with a more flavorful dressing and more fresh vegetables, it was just what I didn't realize I wanted: a fresh, flavorful crisp salad dish that is absolutely perfect for a warm summer day or evening.
I was lucky enough to receive a sample of Black Cumin Oil from Vom Fass USA, whom has a great selection of oils vinegars and more including some organic options. The Black Cumin Oil blended perfectly with fresh lemon juice and spices in this light dish, and I encourage you to give it a try! It's a perfect side dish or light meal, and keeps well refrigerated for several days.
Mediterranean Vegetable Salad
1 medium cauliflower, chopped
1/2 cup parsley, chopped and and packed
1/3 cup mint leaves, loosely chopped
2-1/2 green onions, chopped
1/3 cup sun-dried tomatoes, diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 cup green olives, diced
1 medium cucumber, diced
1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
2 small lemons, juiced
2-1/2 tablespoons Black Cumin Oil
1 teapsoon apple cider vinegar
1/2 teaspoon Red Ape Turmeric
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1/4 teaspoon salt
1. Rinse all vegetables (use a organic vegetable wash first if desired--that's my go-to way to get rid of any potential pesticides lingering on produce).
2. In a food processor, add the cauliflower a little at a time, pulsing just until it looks like coarse grains or rice. Add the parsley, mint, onions, garlic and sun-dried tomatoes for a few pulses.
3. Pour the mixture into a large bowl and add chopped cucumber, olives, and fresh tomatoes.
4. In a small dish whisk fresh lemon juice with cumin oil and apple cider vinegar. Toss salad in the dressing, adding a little more lemon juice or oil if needed. Sprinkle with salt and pepper, adding more to taste if desired.
5. Serve at room temperature or chilled for a refreshing light meal.