Friday, January 15, 2016

Honey Pumpkin Brownies



honey pumpkin brownies gluten-free


instagram @squarebars honey pumpkin brownie with squarebar
With the babies' schedule I find myself having ridiculous hours, yet between 3:30 and 5am, I'm usually my most productive.  Yesterday morning I was able to get some of my NPS Foundation work done, and perhaps more significantly, create this easy one-bowl brownie recipe that is completely flourless/grain-free and a breeze to make.  The batter is mixed in minutes, and clean-up is quick; two musts when you're taking care of two little newborns!

Also since I'm obsessed with Squarebars (my go-to treat or dessert when I'm not making my own), I decided to create a fancy breakfast of a honey pumpkin brownie, dollop of plain coconut milk yogurt and 1/3 of a chopped up protein bar.  I have to say, my day became much better after that!  It looks and tastes pretty decadent, but is super filling, nutritious and protein-packed.  I promise you won't be disappointed with this easy healthy brownie...plus pumpkin.  Pumpkin in everything is usually a good idea in my world.

Honey Pumpkin Brownies

Ingredients:
1 cup pumpkin
1/2 cup raw honey
4 eggs
1/4 cup + 2 TBSP raw cacao powder
1/3 cup nondairy chocolate chips

Directions:

1.  Grease an 8" pan with oil, and preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2.  Stir all ingredients well in a large mixing bowl, and fold chips in last.  Use 1/4 to 1/2 cup of chocolate chips depending on your preferred level of sweetness; I used 1/3 cup of Enjoy Life nondairy chocolate chunks, chopped up, and it was sweet enough!

enjoy life chocolate chunks

one-bowl pumpkin brownies

spread brownie batter in pan



3.  Bake 30-35 min or until an inserted toothpick or knife comes out mostly clean.  Let sit at least 15 minutes before cutting and serving.  Store leftovers in a sealed container in the fridge.


Topped with plain coconut yogurt and a piece of chopped up vegan protein bar




No comments:

Post a Comment