Monday, May 27, 2013

Monday morning motivation to get out of bed: Breakfast Cookies!



I was wanting these for dessert, but having already treated myself to dessert of a small sweet potato, last night I enjoyed a cup of tea with my dogs sprawled on me instead. They dozed half on the couch, half on my legs, rendering my limbs numb as I read a library book while taking the occasional pause to think of what would be my next healthy baking creation.

Winning a contest for my Lavender Almond Cake this weekend inspired me to keep creating more recipes.  Though I only won a gift basket and coupons, the thrill of winning anything immediately sparks my creativity and often results in hours in the kitchen, playing around with measurements, incorporating my trusty pale pink food processor, and snapping away with my new camera (hubby and my gift to ourselves post-wedding).

This morning, hunger and a desired to consume protein resulted in these tasty treats.  I added a few rice chocolate chips, but had I had dates still in my cupboards, dates would have been the sweetener of choice.


Maiah's Breakfast Cookies

1 tablespoon organic sunflower seed butter
1/3 cup organic sunflower seeds
1/2 cup air puffed shredded unsweetened coconut
filtered water
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 tablespoon cacao nibs
2 tablespoons ground chia seeds
2-3 tablespoons rice chocolate chips or 3-4 organic medjool dates, pitted

Directions:
Food process all ingredients, adding more water if necessary.  Roll into little balls and chill or as my impatient self did, eat immediately.  I added a handful of bing cherries to my breakfast, before setting out on a four mile walk to Oceanside with the doodles.



No comments:

Post a Comment