Thursday, March 13, 2014

Kale Date Smoothie

Though I don't pretend to be a smoothie/juicing expert, occasionally I do whip up a smoothie that is so good that I feel compelled to share.


This green smoothie is filling and slightly sweet, meaning it doesn't taste as healthy as it actually is, which is always a bonus.  It's quick and easy and the flavor is deliciously rich and creamy.

Little tip:  Spirulina should be available at any health/natural foods store or can be ordered online.  There's a fabulous Justin Timberlake skit on SNL where he raps "....Spirulina in my shake!  Betcha don't believe it tastes great!"  And I highly recommend finding this on YouTube, as it is both hilarious and awesome.





Kale Date Smoothie
serves 1

Ingredients:

1/2 to 3/4 of a medium banana, frozen
1/2 cup unsweetened vanilla coconut milk
1/4 cup water
2 ice cubes
1/4 cup nondairy yogurt (I used plain coconut yogurt)
2 dates
1 teaspoon spirulina
1 giant handful baby kale

Directions:

Blend.  Duh.

So yum.  I enjoyed this and jogged to take a barre class after, and it was pure bliss.  Gotta love Fridays...when you don't have work.  Win!

No comments:

Post a Comment