|I mixed my quinoa with lentils|
|mix the quinoa and lentils in with the dry ingredients|
|Mix until combined. If it's too dry add up to 1/4 cup more nondairy milk.|
Lentil Quinoa Muffins
yields 10-12 muffins
1/2 cup quinoa
1/2 cup lentils
2 tablespoons cup melted coconut oil or olive oil
3/4 cup gluten free flour
1/4 cup quinoa flour
3 tablespoons coconut palm sugar
3/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoons sea salt
1/4 cup nondairy plain yogurt (or use mashed banana and omit the sugar)
1/2 cup nondairy milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 to 2 tablespoons apple butter or applesauce
1. Cook quinoa and lentils (place 1 cup of the mixed quinoa and lentils in scant 2 cups of water. Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer and then cook until all water is absorbed.) Leftover quinoa and lentils on the dryer side work great.
2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a muffin tin.
3. In a medium bowl, mix dry ingredients and quinoa and lentils.
4. Add wet ingredients. (Use less nondairy milk if your quinoa and lentil mixture is really wet).
5. Bake for 16-20 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.