Sunday, June 15, 2014

Black Bean Brownie Bites










I know these are fabulous, because despite strictly informing my family not to touch them (I was heading to my grandmother's place to bring her the treats) there were six missing after I left them to cool unsupervised.  Two more disappeared as I was searching for a tupperware to tote the few remaining brownie bites along with me on my visit.  Now my father and brother are requesting more, so I'm pretty convinced they must have been delicious (sigh).  I'll verify this after I stock up on black beans again...

Black Bean Brownie Bites

Ingredients:

1 (15 oz.) can black beans, rinsed and drained
2 Tablespoons flax meal + 6 Tablespoons water for flax "eggs"
3 Tablespoons coconut oil, melted
3/4 cup cocoa powder
3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
scant 1/4 teaspoon paprika (optional)
1-1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1/2 cup raw sugar
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
optional: roughly chopped bittersweet chocolate

Directions:

1.  Set aside the flax meal with water to thicken and gel for "eggs".
2.  Rinse and drain the beans and them process them until fine in a food processor or blender.
3.  Add remaining ingredients and puree for 2-3 minutes.  Scrape down sides with a spatula as needed. If the batter appears too thick, add a little water and pulse again.
4.  Distribute the batter into the muffin tin and sprinkle chopped chocolate on top if desired.
5.  Bake for 20-28minutes or until the tops are dry and the edges start to pull away from the sides.
Remove pan from oven and let cool for 20-30 minutes to set further before removing from pan. They should be pretty fudgy but still hold together.



No comments:

Post a Comment