Spicy Chocolate Stars
1-2/3 cup gluten-free flour
1/2 cup cocoa
1 teaspoon baking soda
dash sea salt
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon cayenne (1/2 teaspoon if you want it spicier!)
1/2 cup oil (coconut, grapeseed or avocado)
3/4 cup raw cane sugar or sucanat or coconut palm sugar
1/4 cup pure maple syrup
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1/4 cup nondairy milk
1. Sift dry ingredients in a medium bowl.
2. In a larger bowl, whisk wet ingredients.
3. Preheat oven to 350 and grease several cookie sheets or line with parchment paper.
4. Mix dry ingredients slowly into wet, and then roll out between wax paper until 1/2" thick.
5. Cut into desired shapes, such as stars for a patriotic cookie ;)
6. Bake 10 minutes, let cool then top as desired.