Basically, a lot hit the ground, but cut out any unbearably bruised or rotten portions, and you're still left with a great baking apple. This is a gluten-free, vegan recipe for apple cobbler, and is super easy to make. A little sweeter that many of recipes, feel free to go a little lighter with your sugar or choice. This recipe was made for my brother and his friend who begged me to make a dessert, and even offered to help peel the apples.
7 or 8 apples, peeled and chopped into thin sections
3/4 cup (scant) of coconut palm sugar or sucanat or honey
1 teaspoon cinnamon
2 cups gluten free flour*
1 cup (scant) of coconut palm sugar or sucanat
2 eggs or two "eggs"**
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
1/2 cup coconut oil, melted or soy butter, melted
1. Peel and thinly chop apples into large sections.
2. Mix sweetener and cinnamon; sprinkle and toss apples.
3. Lay apple mix in a 13 x 9 inch un-greased pan.
4. Mix remaining ingredients except coconut oil and dollop over the apples. Pour melted coconut oil or nondairy butter over last.
5. Bake 42-46 minutes or until topping is golden and apples are soft.
*Gluten-free flour option: 1 cup oat flour, 3/4 cup almond flour, 1/4 cup tapioca or potato starch
** Eggs can be replaced with 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce or 4 TBSP flax meal mixed with 10 TBSP water