Monday, March 16, 2015

Fudgy Avocado Brownies







Yes, I've made avocado brownies before.  I must be on the quest for the absolute perfect texture because even though they are always delicious, I always want a slightly richer/creamier/more filling version.  

I think I've finally developed my favorite recipe for avocado brownies at last!  They store well and taste decadent yet are full of healthy fats and proteins and antioxidants from the raw cacao make it truly a treat to try!  
(Or buy from Running Girl Bakery ;)

This recipe yields about 15 thick, fudgy squares but the recipe can be easily halved for a smaller amount.  Alternately you can grease a muffin pan for round little brownies if you prefer.  Either way, enjoy warm or chilled; they store great in the fridge for several days.


fudgy avocado brownie with coffee

Fudgy Avocado Brownies

Ingredients:

2 ripe avocados
4 eggs
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons raw cacao powder
1/3 cup coconut flour
1/4 cup black bean flour (or any gluten-free flour)
7.5 oz nondairy chocolate chips (I used Enjoy Life brand), melted



Directions:

1.  Puree avocados in a food processor until smooth; add in eggs, vanilla and cacao powder.
2.  Scrape down the sides of the bowl and add in gluten-free flour: I used coconut flour and bean flour for protein.
3.  Melt nondairy chips in the microwave or over a double boiler, and gradually add to the food processor or blending, mixing until well combined.
4.  Spread mixture in a greased or lined 9" square pan (I had a little extra batter I used in a muffin tin).  Bake at 350 degrees F for 30 min, or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.  Cool on a wire rack 15-20 minutes and served




No comments:

Post a Comment