Ok, you caught me; this recipe isn't quite as clean-eating as some of my previous ones, but it is dang good. Especially on those cold or rainy days, a warm cinnamon bar reminiscent of a snickerdoodle cookie is just the thing after a hard workout. Or you know, a rest day that you spend indoors drinking tea and snuggling with your pups (you caught me!)
Not only do these taste amazing, they smell amazing (thanks Red Ape Cinnamon, now everything I make I want to smell like cinnamon). Plus, your house will instantly smell like a bakery. So: you're welcome! Pop these into the oven, grab a blanket and your dog, and have a little relaxing you time. Not a shabby way to spend a chilly Tuesday!
Gluten-Free Vegan Snickerdoodle Bars
Yields 6 large bars or 9-12 smaller ones
1/2 cup non-dairy butter (soy or coconut butter)
3/4 cup coconut palm sugar or sucanat
1 TBSP ground up flax meal or chia meal
3 TBSP water
1-1/3 cup gluten-free flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon Red Ape Cinnamon
dash sea salt
1-1/2 TBSP coconut palm sugar
1-1/2 teapsoon Red Ape Cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 350 and line a 8" square pan with parchment paper. Spritz or rub coconut oil on paper and set aside.
2. Stir flax or chia meal in the 3 TBSP water and set aside to gel and thicken.
3. Beat nondairy butter and sugar in a bowl, then add in the water mixture.
4. Stir in flour, baking powder and cinnamon.
5. Mix sugar and cinnamon for topping, sprinkle on top at bake at 350 for 25-28 min or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
6. Let cool 5-10 min on a wire rack before cutting and serve warm.