Monday, March 30, 2015

Cacao Chia Protein Pancakes



Clean Eating Cacao Chia Pancakes by Running Girl


Sometimes a little Insanity in life is great.  When I did the long 58 min Insanity workout (I usually avoid that one--it's hard), I was dripping sweat and shaky after 15 minutes, but I kept going, fantasizing about what flavors to combine to make the ultimate protein pancake lunch treat.  This is what I came up with, and it tasted amazing.  In fact, just typing up the ingredients is making me want it for dessert.  Or dinner.  I wonder if the hubby would mind...


Protein Pancakes

cacao chia pancakes with cacao nibs

Cacao Chia Protein Pancakes
yields 6 little pancakes


Ingredients:

2 eggs
2 egg whites
2 tablespoons Wild Friends Chocolate Sunflower Seed Butter
4 teaspoons ground chia seeds
1 teaspoon psyllium husk
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 cup pumpkin puree
1/3 mashed banana
1 tablespoon raw cacao nibs

optional: additional Wild Friends Chocolate Sunflower Seed Butter and raw cacao nibs, for topping
This topping is ridiculously good.  If Wild Friends wanted to send me some, I would cry tears of joy most likely.  I'm still imagining a Wild Friends/Running Girl Bakery dream team...maybe one day.  Dreaming big!

Directions:

1.  Mash banana, and puree all ingredients in a blender or food processor until creamy; set aside 10 minutes to thicken and set.
2.  Preheat oven and bake "pancakes" on parchment paper or a nonstick baking mat at 350F for 8-10 min, or cook traditionally in a pan stovetop.

"pancakes" baking on split mat


3.  Enjoy warm and top with Wild Friends Chocolate Sunflower Seed Butter and raw cacao nibs if desired.

Plain Cacao Chia Pancakes

Cacao Chia Protein Pancakes with topping

No comments:

Post a Comment