I was in a hurry so the photos aren't exactly amazing nor did I photograph the process, which is rather unfortunate as I pulled out my retro egg beater for this one.
This light banana bread is sweetened only with banana and a hint of honey (optional). It's very filling and protein-packed too; so a good post-workout treat or breakfast!
Naturally Sweet Banana Bread
3 overripe bananas
3 eggs (or egg substitute, like my fave, the chia "egg")
2-3 tablespoons applesauce
2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon almond extract
1 tablespoon honey (optional)
2 cups almond flour
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1. Mix wet ingredients in a bowl or mixer. I whipped my together with an old school egg beater.
2. Add wet ingredients to dry.
3. Spray 4 mini loaf pans or one regular size loaf pan with nonstick spray or line with parchment paper.
4. Bake at 350 for 28-34 min or until inserted toothpick is pretty clean.
5. Let cool a few moments, invert pan(s) and enjoy!
|4 loaf pans yield good little gifts, or just keeps it dainty|
|Run a knife along the edge before you flip to be sure it comes out in one piece|
|give it a little tap-tap-er-oo and it should come out nicely|