Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Gotta-Get-To-Work Morning: Breakfast Smoothie

So here's another sort-of pinterest inspired breakfast.  A few days ago, I came across a beautiful photo of a smoothie that said "tastes just like a Wendy's Frosty!" and the ingredients were easy and healthy.

Well I made it this morning, and I have to say, I don't know what a Wendy's Frosty tastes like but there's no way it taste like this bland thing here.  (I do suspect something else was added into this creamy looking concoction).  At any rate, I revamped the recipe, and came up with something filling and tastier.

From the pinterest version:


(3/4 cup almond milk, 1/2 teaspoon vanilla, 15 ice cubes, 1-2 tbsp cocoa, 1/3 of a banana)


to my better breakfast:


1 cup unsweetened coconut milk
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1 tablespoon protein powder
2 or 3 tablespoons avocado (I just cut off a chunk of ripe avocado and threw it in)
1-1/2 tablespoon raw cacao powder
1 teaspoon spirulina
1 medium ripe banana



Filling, cream, thick and delicious--breakfast shake of champions.  And filled with protein and nutrients--what's not to like?  Ok ok, I had a little bite of bean cake too...and now off to Bodyrok it at my amazing job!

No comments:

Post a Comment