Sunday, June 16, 2013

Spirulina Hemp Protein Cookies




 

I'd scroll down to the previous post if you're hoping for a dessert.  But still, these protein-packed Spirulina Hemp Protein cookies are a tasty nutrient-dense meal substitution or snack instead of that protein bar or granola bar you might usually enjoy instead.  I love it when I have a few spare minutes to make protein cookies--I save them in the fridge and grab them on a go or as a post workout protein boost.

Fave protein powder...very mild taste that mixes great and doesn't have sugar and sweeteners--even Stevia is a no-go for me.  Vegan friendly and plant protein--so yummy and creamy!  Sprouts has a pretty good price on it, better than their website.

On a personal note, I have several health issues including low adrenals and an under-active thyroid at the moment, so I am trying to eat as clean as possible, with an emphasis on lean protein and veggies.  These are are a welcome addition to my current salad with salmon breakfast, protein smoothies and what seems like a million supplements! 

Spirulina Hemp Protein Cookies:
makes about 16

Ingredients:

3 tablespoons Hemp Protein Powder (or protein powder of your choice)
1 teaspoon spirulina
1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut (air-puffed if you have it)
1/2 cup raw sunflower seeds
1/3 cup sunflower seed butter
4 to 5 dates
spinkling of raw cacao nibs
2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
filtered water to taste/texture, about 3-4 tablespoons

They aren't very pretty....there's no real way of getting around that ;)


Directions:

Food process, then roll into balls and enjoy.  Easy-peasy!

This guy got his own treats...I'll include Yogi's fave dog cookie recipe on here soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment